Are illegal aliens getting work permits?

Posted by Admin
Mar 09 2010

I heard on the news that illegal aliens might get work papers starting in February 2010. Is this correct?

6 Responses

  1. Just stopped by to piss you off! says:

    No. They cannot do that if they are here illegally. Its not possible.

  2. $1,539,684,631,121 Clinton Debt says:

    Ask Obama, he figured it out.

  3. Kize says:

    No, it is against federal law to hire illegal aliens. they are cracking down on employers who do hire them, more employers are using e-verify to make sure they are not hiring them.

  4. Whoop whoop says:

    Anything is possible. Is anything definite? No. What the news is probably referring to was that Obama plans to bring immigration reform to the table in 2010 not 2009. It is highly unlikely though, given the current environment, that those in the U.S. illegally, will “get work papers” right away. Generally, what is being proposed is that those illegally present pay a fine, and apply for benefits through normal channels. Right now, most who are illegally present cannot correct their status and obtain work authorization because they do not qualify for benefits under the law. Some, not all, may marry a U.S. citizen though, and obtain work authorization within 91 days.

  5. the crow says:

    ain’t happening. illegal means illegal.

  6. Monica says:

    Let’s hope so because we all know Chad and Todd don’t want to go out and pick watermelon and oranges. We’ll see a rise in food prices that’s for sure if they don’t get them out to work.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Trackback URL for this entry